Friday, October 17, 2008

Queen of Queens - Favorite Things Fridays

Heather Has Two Mommies


How cute are Heather and her two mommies?

This is an original acrylic painting done by Michelley QueenofQueens and is available for purchase (still?) here.

What do I like about this painting? Um. They're sea monkeys! A lesbian nuclear family in sea monkeys.

No, not just that.

I love the colors, I love the way the sea monkeys look bright eyed and excited and full of love and do you have any idea how hard that is to convey in acrylic paints and sea monkeys?

Seriously.

Michelley QueenofQueens is one of the founding members of the Queer Etsy Street Team, runs the QueenofQueens etsy shop, as well as a ton of other stuff.

OK, I'll admit it! It makes me tired just thinking about it!

No comments: